More Social Branding Lite is drop in replacement for the Pagelines core Branding section. More Social Branding Lite unlocks social network features found only on Pagelines Pro and adds more options and easy icon theming.
- Add 6 Social Networks
- Bonus: 7 Envato Marketplace Icons
- Easy, drop-in Icon Theming
- Unlocks Pagelines Pro social network features for Pagelines Lite (free edition)
- Lots of options
- Easy to use
- Drag and Drop
- Pagelines Pro and Lite compatible
- Fully documented
- RSS (feedburner)
- Linked in
- Google Plus
- Audio Jungle
- Active Den
- Graphic River
- Video Hive
- 3D Ocean
- Pagelines theme (Pro or Lite)
- Pagelines Section Plugin (free)
This is a really fast quick tip for Google Chrome. If you are like me you love to try betas and experimental features on almost everything you use. I love being on the edge and Google Chrome has experimental features even for its stable release channel. Here is what you do to turn on some cool features. There are two ways.
- Open Google Chrome [or if you are in Chrome already]
- Type chrome://flags/ in the url bar
- Press Enter and enjoy!
You can see the WordPress Shortcodes Ultimate Plugin in action here in Highergroundstudio.com. The Shortcodes Ultimate Plugin for WordPress enables you to easily create boxes, buttons, graphic sliders, hidden text revealers, tab boxes etc. Using Shortcodes Ultimate you can quickly and easily retrieve many premium themes type features and display it on your site.
Add to your WordPress site
- Go to Plugins – > Add New
- Type Shortcodes Ultimate into the search
- Click install on Shortcodes Ultimate by Vladimir Anokhin
- Click OK
- Click Activate Plugin
- Now you can add the awesome shortcodes that you learned in the video above!
What is Version Control?
What is Git?
Git is a source code manager; more accurately, it’s a distributed version control system. But what exactly does that mean? Let’s break it down.
Git is Development Software
Git is not a language, concept, or best practice. It’s a program, a piece of software that you should use in your development, just like your text editor or FTP client. So what is it for? Git manages your source code … but what does that mean?
Git is for Versioning
The idea behind Git is that it’s a smart idea to keep snapshots of your coding projects. This means that, as you code, at intervals, you declare a point in the history of the project. Think of a timeline, where all the markers represent milestones in your coding. Where you put these markers is up to you, but it’s wise to put them in when you’ve completed something; for example, you might make a mark after each feature you’ve implemented. That way, your project timeline might look something like this:
- Initial Commit (this is a good idea for any project)
- Created folder structure
- Added the CSS and JS files
- Built the main structure
- Added the navigation
Git is like taking a photo of your child every year,to track his growth. If you wanted to make these snapshots manually, you’d have to copy your project directory and rename it every time. Git does this, and much more, for you.
Video source: http://git-scm.com/video/what-is-version-control
Git CSS3 Buttons has hit 150 downloads on Codecanyon!!!
Download Git CSS3 Buttons
This free wallpaper was made for all of your WordPress fans!!! I love WordPress and so I created this for fun to show that love. Included is an awesome and free wallpaper for your desktop, tablet (ipad), or phone (iphone or android).
Desktop – 2560 x 1600
Tablet (ipad) – 1024 x 1024
Phone (iphone or android) – 640 x 940
This was first posted on the Naughty Dog blog. I thought it was so cool that I wanted to share it! I love playing Uncharted 3 and if you ever want to play with me look for TjernagelKing. Great job Derek (@KickintheheadNY)! This was a great trailer! I loved it!
Anyway, here is the fan created trailer:
Having issues with a game not reading on your PS3 or FREEZING? That’s when I thought about rebuilding my PS3′s database and it worked!
Activating Safe Mode on your PS3
- Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button.
- If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, “Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button.”
- Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.
- You should see the Safe Mode menu.
- Select Rebuild Database and follow the instructions and whatever you do, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PS3 while its rebuilding the database.
Don’t worry about your saved games everything is safe, the only things that gets deleted is messages, sent messages, media files, and MP3 playlist.
This should fix many problems with games. If this does not work, many times deleted game updates can fix game problems too.
This month’s Codecanyon free file for May is Elitepack CSS3 Display Screens by arrowthemes. I love most anything that is pure CSS3 and Elitepack CSS3 Display Screens are really well done CSS3 only display screens to show off your products, videos, pictures and more!
Elitepack CSS3 Display Screens are a collection of web elements that are designed with pure CSS3 technology meaning that no images have been used apart from the background images.
I downloaded it and found it to have really great documentation and demos. Starting to use this was as easy as copy and paste. It includes an iphone 4, imac screen, macbook pro, macbook air, and an ipad 2. All the models also come with black and white variations. This is one of those under appreciated products that should have tons of purchases. Probably the best display is the iphone, as it has great detail and just looks awesome.
I loved this product and thought that it would be really useful to show off products in the devices that would use it. This would make a really fast loading page as it does not have to load any images.
Ever wanted to add a “Leave a comment below” link in a post and not known how to do it? It is super easy!
Leave a comment
- Type in the text you want to hyperlink to your comments
- Click Insert Links on the WordPress post toolbar
- The dialog box pops up and delete http:// from URL box and type #comments
- Click add link and BAM you have a hyperlink to your comments
Yesterday I was searching for a name [in my head] to describe a certain Twitter characteristic of tweeting way too many tweets in a short period of time (yes, I am talking to you @extremeweb). I thought of spamming, but really this is not spam of any kind. For some reason my mind headed to bash and well yes, that makes sense [at least to me].
I am proposing a new verb for Twitter, tweet bashing. The act of tweeting too much in a short amount of time (aka spamming without the harmful intent). While this may be a little out there, it makes total since to have a word for this.
- The act of tweeting too much in a short amount of time.
- Spamming without harmful intent.
- Annoying but harmless
Usage: Wow, @examplename tweet bashed all their followers!
What do you think about this? What would you call this? Leave a comment below
Today’s freebie is 6 repeatable backgrounds to make your clean install of Pagelines look beautiful. Read more →
I never start new projects on Fridays. For one, I try to wrap up current projects. I like to have some fun on Fridays too.
Friday is considered unlucky in many circles of people through superstition. I don’t find this to be particularly true, as it is just any other day and we have labeled it as a “friday”. However, many a mariners has the superstition is that it is unlucky to begin a voyage on a Friday. Look at the Costa Concordia which sank on Friday the 13th. Yes, it did not sail from port that day but it did run aground.
While Friday being cursed may or may not be true, I find that I relax more and am more recharged for the next week if I am not having to think about and plan a new project over the weekend. This seems a much better reason to not start on Fridays and just chill.
But if you are superstitious you may have a new reason to fear Fridays. Anyway, have a great weekend! Do you do the same? Leave a comment
Here is a quick tip for the day from Pagelines. To make your thumbnails rotate 5 degrees right just add the following css in either css rules under the settings -> custom code or in the styles.css of your child theme.
To make it rotate left you just add -5deg to all of the css rotations.
* Post thumbnail rotate on hover
transition: all .2s;
-o-transition: all .2s;
-moz-transition: all .2s;
-webkit-transition: all .2s;
Did you know you can access all WordPress options on one page? Just go to yoururl.com/wp-admin/options.php
This page, as you can see above, shows all wordpress, plugin, and theme options in one place. This is a great way to change a option that you have done that has locked you out or something like that.
With even buying premium [wordpress] themes it is a great idea for page speed to make sure that the PNGs are compressed. I have found that PNGGauntlet is far superior and much faster than any other way that I have tried.
To compress PNGs
- Open PNGGauntlet
- Drag your PNGs into PNGGauntlet or use Add Images
- I usually just overwrite the original images as I have never had a problem with this and it is much easier (Click Overwrite Original Files in top right)
- Click Optimize
Ever unplugged an external hard drive and had the problem where windows 7 wants to reformat the drive even though all of your data is on there? Here is a quick tip to fix that corrupted hard drive:
Note: We do not promise that this will fix the problem and are not liable for any problems or lost data incurred following our tip.
- Plug the hard drive in and click cancel on formatting the hard drive
- Open command prompt in elevated admin mode: Search Command Prompt in the start menu and then right click on command prompt then on Run as Administrator. Click yes on the User Account Control.
- Command prompt opens up and you are under something like c:Windowssystem32. Make sure you know the drive letter for the corrupted hard drive.
- Let’s say your corrupted drive is f:. Type chkdsk f: /f /r and then enter.
- It will take a long time to run this as it is attempting to check, fix, and repair your hard drive. My 1tb drive took a little over 5 hours to complete.
- This should fix any problems rather than having to recover your data using a program like test disk. Scarily this is a lot faster as well.
You are a cargo specialist on board theUSS Heliz. The Heliz has been damaged from a meteor cloud and is overloaded with cargo containers. There is too much weight for the engines to handle. You must jettison a set number of containers to lower the ship’s weight so that you can continue to your destination. However, there is a number of experimental mining explosives that must never touch the ground.
FB CSS3 Buttons are beautiful CSS -only Facebook look-alike buttons. We created the buttons for a web app. We love them so much that we are sharing them with you!
FB CSS3 Buttons are really easy to use, fast, lightweight (3kb minified), and work in most browsers. Just link the stylesheet and add the class “fbbutton” to any hyperlink, input or button and you have a really awesome facebook-style button. There are no images, just one stylesheet. Adding FB CSS3 Buttons to your current project is as easy as pie!
FB CSS3 Buttons can be used for buttons, indicators, and even control panels. There are 10+ classes and an enormous amount of combinations.
Git CSS3 Buttons are completely 100% CSS buttons that are just really great looking buttons. I created the buttons for a web app and am sharing them with you now since I loved them so much.
They are really easy to use, fast, lightweight, and work in all modern browsers. Just link the stylesheet and add the class “gbutton” to any hyperlink, input or button and you have a really awesome github-style button. There are no images just one stylesheet so adding Git CSS3 Buttons to your current project is easy as pie!
Git CSS3 Buttons can be used for just buttons, indicators, and even control panel
s. There are 20+ classes and an enormous amount of combinations.
BONUS : Git CSS3 Buttons also has a custom created style builder that helps you create new styles for Git CSS3 Buttons! Just fill out the style builder form and you have a new awesome looking class that you can use with Git CSS3 Buttons!